To access E-Resources through N-LIST - Click Here
We have a spacious, modern and an automated library with a large collection of books belonging to various disciplines. The College Library started functioning in 1996. In the beginning of college, the library was situated in the third floor of the main block. The construction of the new block for the library was started in the year 2017. The construction of the library building was accomplished in 2019 and from then onwards the library began to function here. The collection of the books in the library meets the needs and interest of the staff and students in a diversified way stimulating intellectual curiosity and facilitates learning within the academic community. At present, the library has a collection of 10000 above books and subscribed journals, magazines, newspapers along with a collection of previous years question papers. Library functions such as circulation and cataloguing have been automated using Koha- an Open-source integrated library management system. The library offers OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)- a computerized catalogue service to locate the documents. Books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification scheme and follows open access system. Newly added books are displayed on the New Arrivals board near the entrance of the library. Internet facility and photocopying service are also available in the library. The library has membership in the N-LIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content) programme under INFLIBNET and E-ShodhSindhu.
|SL.NO||Total Library collection||Number|
|1||Total number of books||10013|
|2||Total number of titles||7369|
|3||Number of journals||16|
|4||Number of magazines:||9|
|5||Number of newspapers||6|
The library will be open from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm on all days except Sundays and other office holidays. The issue/return counter works only from 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Features of Library
- The library is fully automated using Koha ILMS Year of automation - 2015 Koha version: 19.05.03.000
- Library has a well-furnished and 76 seating capacity for students
- Library has collection of books, journals, magazines, newspapers and e-resources
- library displays new arrivals on the ‘New Arrivals display rack’
- Separate visitors register is maintained for students and teachers
Library subscribed N- LIST Database Consortium (National Library and Information services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content) provided by INFLIBNET and E-ShodhSindhu
The institution has subscription for the following e-resources through N-LIST
- Circulation services
- Reference services
- Internet facility
- Reprographic services
- Previous years question papers
- students should maintain absolute silence and seriousness in the library.
- Readers are not allowed to bring personal belongings such as bag, umbrella etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter.
- Everyone should sign in the visitors register while entering the library
- Students must carry the identity card to get books. The issue and return process is carried out at the circulation desk using the barcoded identity card.
- Books will be issued to the students for seven days only. Overdue charges will be applicable for books returned after the due date.
- Reference books, periodicals and newspapers are not issued out of the library.
- Readers are requested to handle all library materials carefully to avoid damage. In case, a book is damaged or lost, the borrower is required to replace the book by a latest or same edition or pay double cost of the book.
- Do not take any book or other library material out of the library without permission of the librarian.
- Readers are requested to check the condition of the book before getting issued. Any damage found in the books should be brought to the notice of the librarian